All Solution Architects are responsible for pre-sales, post-sales, scope work, running POCs, and demos.
- Meet with new and existing customer representatives to discuss and present partner solutions to support the sales opportunities
- Support Sales Account Managers when unable to meet directly with customer by recommending partner solutions to support the sales opportunities
- Work with customer and partner to assess current environment by collecting data and using assessment tools to properly design the solution or determine a potential opportunity
- Design solution and create a solution design proposal to be presented to the customer
- Build material list (cart) to be submitted for manufacturer pricing
- Assist Sale Account Manager with presentation of solution design and quote
- Hand off project to Post-Sales Team by providing Visios, project plan, etc.
- Update Salesforce with customer environment and account information, attach solution design proposal to the opportunity, and any note necessary to support the opportunity
- Meet internally with Project Manager, Sales Account Manager, Pre-Sales Engineer and Technical Manager to discuss solution deployment to include the following:
- SOW requirements
- Review the BOM
- Discuss or review customer’s environment
- Develop One Pager PS quote to apply to customer facing quote
- Meet with Project Manager and customer to set expectation and project time line:
- Provide customer with product worksheets
- Address any implementation prerequisite with customer and establish customer and post-sales engineering responsibilities.
- Establish tentative implementation schedule with customer pending prerequisites have be satisfied.
- Implement solution:
- Review product worksheets with Project Manager and schedule implementation date with Project Manager and customer
- Work with customer to implement solution based on project time line
- Provide customer with knowledge transfer
- Create and provide customer with a post-implementation report to include:
- Solution configuration, pre-sales design diagrams and implementation summary
- Attach post implementation report to opportunity in Salesforce
- Follow-up with customer within a month to discuss how solution is functioning and progressing in the customer’s environment. Work with manufacturer support to address any issues.